Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Life on the Farm

Wow . . . today was long. I was fighting to stay awake in the sessions. So, my good friend Suz drew a maze for me to complete. Gotta love friends. She even made it an Xtreme Team theme. The title was: "Help Amanda Get to Her Food".

This afternoon was Regional Office time. It was good. Got to ask some questions and we went over our regional team and some other cultural stuff. Apparently, I'll be the only person, besides the leader, on the women's team. No one new signed up at the last screening conference. It's all good though. My thinking is, it's better to be paired with someone that knows the jungle!

Steph, Suz & Sarah made dinner tonight. We had breakfast! It was awesome. Definitely reminded me of those Sunday nights growing up where Dad made breakfast for dinner, after Sunday night church. Suz even got me grits!!!! It was quite a spread. I'll post pictures some other time. It takes way too long to upload them to here.

Me, Graham, Sharon, and Matt may be going hiking this weekend. David (regional leader) told us about part of the Appalachia Trail that is 2 hours from here. It is supposed to be awesome. It is a 6 hour hike . . . 7-8 miles long, with a 1 mile rock scramble! I'm excited. The only hold up is finding a car to use for the day.

Everything is going great. My arm is starting to feel better . . . just in time for a 2nd round on Tuesday!!!

I'm off to bed. Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

minda312 said...

I am SO proud of you :-)

Viv said...

if embracing my call means disobeying my parents, would God really want me to do that?

just a question