Friday, February 09, 2007

1st Report from Rockville!!

FPO is in full swing now. So far, we have covered Servant Leadership, Personalization and Connecting (mobilizing churches), Personal Evangelism and Accountability, Deepening Our Spiritual Walk and an amazing Personal Spiritual Retreat! It all has been amazing! The FPO director is really passionate about what he talks about, and it is awesome.

It is really hard to sum up what it’s like here. Everyone here is so genuine. It is slightly overwhelming. It is cold. You are always greeted with a smile. I guess I can sum it all up like this: it feels like home. I know beyond all doubts that this is where God wants me, and there is no greater feeling. It has been a blast reconnecting with friends from the screening conference.

My quad-mate is really cool and going to my same region. So, we are going to study Spanish together in the coming weeks. Our next-door neighbors are a Godsend. They are actually from Texas and have two little kids: a 2-year-old girl and a 6-month-old boy. God knew I was going to need a baby fix, since I won’t be around my nieces for a while. I have so much fun with them. They are also a Godsend because they graciously allowed me the use of their car! Made my first (probably of many!) Wal-Mart runs last night. But honestly, I have already been encouraged by K & J.

Next week I get to meet with our regional director and probably receive a few more assignments to work on. So far, things haven’t been too overwhelming.

To everyone back at home . . . I love you and miss you all. Thank you for your prayers . . . they mean the world and are most definitely felt!!

If you don’t receive my prayer updates by email . . . please leave a comment or send me an email at: amandabrock24@gmail.com. Thanks!

No comments: