Monday, February 26, 2007

I was arrested during church . . .

So you may be wondering what exactly I am talking about. Well . . . let me tell you.

Last night was cultural worship. For that part I was in there for, it was awesome. East Asia was our focus. I've never sung in Chinese before. Way cool!! The auditorium was completely cleared of chairs and we were to enter without our shoes. There were papers on the floor to mark different provences. You were to sit in groups of 10-12 to simulate a Chinese house church. At one point, we were on our knees praying for the persecuted church. All of the sudden there is a bunch of yelling (some in Chinese and some in English). Before I knew it, my house church had been broken up and forced to leave the room. Once outside we were interrogated (asked what our purpose was, why we were there, etc). Wow . . . what an eye-opening experience. It gave you a whole new view on persecution and the church . . . a new respect. We weren't allowed to go back into the room because in China, you would never see them again after interrogation. But in China, as an American, you don't have to fear physical persecution. They will just kick you out of the country. One guy made the statement - "I am more safe in a security level 3 country like China than you will be in a level 1 country like Peru". Wow. That made me think. Contingency training will be good for me. Start praying . . . it's next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Apparently it will drain us all mentally and physically.

Tonight me and some of my fellow Journeymen got to visit with the president and VP of the IMB. It was a good time getting to know them, and a good time getting off campus.

This is a heavy week. Pray for focus. Jerry Rankin will be speaking on Spiritual Warfare. It should be an amazing time.

No comments: