Thursday, March 08, 2007

What a week!

Since the last time I posted, a lot has happened.

Last Saturday, I babysat 3 kids, since the parents had an ESL class all day. Me and a friend that was also babysitting decided to take the kids to the Science Museum of Virginia. Tons of fun. Although, it was probably funnier to see us carting around all the children! We had 5 kids, 3 strollers, and 3 adults! I have a new respect for moms in regards to getting everyone in and out of carseats! After the museum, we took the kids to McDonald's. Holy moly! We were a sight to behold! We were all zapped when we got back. It was good times. We took lots of pictures.

This week has been crazy stressful. Monday through Wednesday my half of FPO participated in safety training. Wow. It was amazing preparation. I feel fully prepared if some sort of crisis occurred overseas. It was probably the best "worst 3-days" ever. During the training you don't like it, but afterwards you realize just how beneficial it really was. So all that to say: don't worry about me!! Oh, one thing I learned this week: I love Bob . . . A LOT!

Today started an intro into Chronological Bible Storying. It was some good info . . . a lot . . . but good. This is what I will be using when I travel to the different communities in the jungle.

Last night I had a hilarious discussion w/ two of my good friends here. You will never guess what is was about . . . . completely blind-siding or form-tackling someone and the fact that it is so stinking hilarious! That makes us sound terrible - but really, it is funny. Just think about it. Some unsuspecting person . . . straggling behind the group . . . all the sudden taken out by a good friend of theirs. It's funny. Just admit it.

Well, I'm off to eat more cafeteria food. Yeehaw!

No comments: