Friday, March 16, 2007

Low-key week . . .

So, this week was a nice change of pace. There was no tension, there was quite a bit of down-time and there was a lot of good fellowship. Our sessions this week were going over vision, principles and what is going on in the company today. Our VP spoke for a couple of sessions - and he was awesome. He's an Aggie and a Texan . . . so he was great!! He can sure bring the Word. He challenged us to really think about what we are called to do. Gordon said he prayed that this FPO group would be the group that would have a 100% return. I pray the same thing.

Sunday night and Tuesday night I got to spend some good time with my small group from conference. Man, I love those 3! We chilled at Starbucks, made a pit-stop at Wal-Mart and then continued talking at my Quad until midnight. These three girls mean the world to me. I am so blessed to have them in my life. They are the kind of friends whose walks challenge you daily. It's awesome. I don't quite know what I'm going to do without them for two years!!! Can't wait to spend Christmas with them!!!

Yesterday me and 2 friends had a scare. We were planning on taking their prayer card pictures out by the creek. Well . . . while crossing the rocks, friend #1 slipped and fell . . . and on the way down, slammed her head against a rock - all while friend #2 and I were watching. It was definitely one of those slow-motion times of life. Needless to say, we were scared to death. On the way back home, the three of us made a stop at the clinic and they said things looked good and no ER trip was needed. PTL! Things are good. Friend #1 is just a little stiff today. Could have been so much worse. So, next time we go out to take pictures, it will be on dry land!

God and I had some good time this week. He continues to show me that I can't do this on my own . . . and I'm thankful for that. There have been times recently that I think I was smoking something when I made the decision to live in the jungle for two years. But no matter how hard it may be, I am encouraged by 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." I'm going in His power and in His power only. I can ask for nothing more and I need nothing more.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

fear not, for we were lied to. There was no pull and peel shrimp. Instead we had fat-filled slices of beef. Cereal anyone?

Steph said...

I love you, Amanda Brock.

MM said...

It's a good thing Friend#1 had friend #2 and #3 or she could have been in some SERIOUS trouble! Heartcha!