Sunday, May 13, 2007

I´m back!

I have spent the last two weeks trying to do this thing called ¨Jungle Living¨. It was hard, but it got better. There were days I wanted to throw in the towel and then there were days I seemed to have a grasp on things. But every day, it was God´s grace that got me through. Probably 90% of my time was full of humbling moments. The Spanish language still is somewhat of a barrier. One night I put the fire out. Yup, Spanish language one-ups Amanda again!!

We ran out of drinking water one day, so me and my tent buddy had to go get some more. On the way back, while carrying a 20 liter bottle of water on my shoulder, my shin connected (with full force) with a fallen tree . . . it felt great. As if that wasn´t exciting enough, we had to cross the log bridge. You may be thinking ¨A log bridge? No big deal¨. This is by no means a smooth, bump free log. Oh and it I had fallen off, it is about a 1 story drop into ankle deep water. That just translates into imminent death. Just picture it. Well, we made it back and my bottle had almost the same amount of water I had put in it, so I was pleased. It´s the little things!! haha

So, now I´m back in Puerto, moving into my ¨house¨, and still learning Creation. The 7 days of Creation have taken us abou 2 weeks to learn . . . and we are still on day 6! It will come together.

I hope to post pictures soon. Just haven´t had the time yet. But it will happen.

To Mr. Larry Michael - Graham is still alive and well. His Spanish is progressing and he hasn´t done anything super crazy yet. Just thought I´d fill you in, since he doesn´t make it to email as often.

6 comments:

firework said...

Amanda, you are too fabulous for words. I am so proud of you. Much love. Bravo.

Copeland's Coffee Break said...

Amanda! I'm so glad to hear from you and know that you are making amazing memories! Maybe one day you can share your survival knowledge with me...sounds like good stuff to know :D Miss you and pray daily for you!

ljmichael said...

So glad you're doing well. Thanks for the news on Graham. He actually got to call his mom last night for a couple minutes, and that was a relief to hear from him. Praying for y'all -- can't wait to see your pics. Stay safe.
-Larry M

Steph said...

I love you, Brock. Praying for you and missing you. Thanks for keeping us updated...I love it! You are amazing. And you're gonna learn Spanish...and survival...and you're gonna make it! I am so proud of you. I love you, sister.

Anonymous said...

My name is Randy. Make graham post on his blog. I love reading yours but would like to hear his version too!! Thanks

C said...

You are freakin' cool.